* Which Autoconf version?
@ 2010-03-12 12:37 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-03-12 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Is Autoconf 2.61 okay to regenerate the configury when configure.in is
modified?  The current version was generated by Autoconf 2.62, but
fencepost only has 2.61.

I'm asking because I recall various problems with using some versions
of Autoconf, but I forgot the details.

TIA

* Re: Which Autoconf version?
@ 2010-03-12 12:43 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2010-03-12 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Is Autoconf 2.61 okay to regenerate the configury when configure.in is
> modified?

2.61 has the broken AC_FUNC_MKTIME.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: Which Autoconf version?
@ 2010-03-12 15:34   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-03-12 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org>
> Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:43:50 +0100
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Is Autoconf 2.61 okay to regenerate the configury when configure.in is
> > modified?
>
> 2.61 has the broken AC_FUNC_MKTIME.

Then it's good that I asked, thanks.

I will ask gnu.org sysadmins to install a newer version.  Are versions
newer than 2.62 also okay (it looks like 2.65 is the latest one)?

* Re: Which Autoconf version?
@ 2010-03-12 16:26     ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2010-03-12 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Andreas Schwab, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> I will ask gnu.org sysadmins to install a newer version.  Are versions
> newer than 2.62 also okay (it looks like 2.65 is the latest one)?

I am using stock 2.62, and we shouldn't change that for Emacs 23.2.  For
the trunk, I think anything up to the newest version is OK.

* Re: Which Autoconf version?
@ 2010-03-12 18:10       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-03-12 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: schwab, emacs-devel

> From: Chong Yidong <cyd@stupidchicken.com>
> Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:26:32 -0500
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > I will ask gnu.org sysadmins to install a newer version.  Are versions
> > newer than 2.62 also okay (it looks like 2.65 is the latest one)?
>
> I am using stock 2.62, and we shouldn't change that for Emacs 23.2.  For
> the trunk, I think anything up to the newest version is OK.

sysadmins installed 2.64 on fencepost, so I used that (on the trunk).