From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
To: Yasushi SHOJI <yasushi.shoji@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Location of mouse click
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 16:30:49 +0300	[thread overview]

> From: Yasushi SHOJI <yasushi.shoji@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 21:44:33 +0900
>
> Emacs seems to disagree with the mouse clicked location of and buffer
> lines when there are lines with different height.
>
> Let's say I have short lines with higher height characters and a
> longer line with shorter height in a buffer.  The buffer is set
> truncate-lines t.  The longer lines, say, have a Japanese character あ.
> Mouse clicks work while あs are displayed.  But once they are gone due
> to horizontal scrolling to right, the long line moves up.  Now, a
> mouse click on the longer line make the buffer scroll back to left,
> just like I clicked the line above the long line (but I didn't).
>
> I've tested under both X11 and Wayland session.
>
> I wasn't sure I can explain this in sentences, so I made a
> screen-cast.  apologize for a MB attachment.
>
> Is this known behavior?

Not sure.

Please post a file that can be visited to reproduce the problem, and
please accompany that file with instruction for reproducing starting
from "emacs -Q".  If it is important to click the mouse at specific
places, please try to describe those places as accurately as you can,
to avoid misunderstanding.

Also, please tell which version of Emacs is that.;

Thanks.