* Questions about copyright assignment
@ 2021-11-23 17:50 Richard Brežák
From: Richard Brežák @ 2021-11-23 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I'd like to get the copyright assignment paperwork done, so
that I could eventualy contribute to Emacs. I'm from Slovakia so I'm
guessing I'll have to send everything physically via mail.

Thanks
--
Richard Brežák

* Re: Questions about copyright assignment
@ 2021-11-23 19:17 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-11-23 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Brežák; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Richard Brežák <richard@brezak.sk>
> Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 18:50:40 +0100
>
> I'd like to get the copyright assignment paperwork done, so
> that I could eventualy contribute to Emacs. I'm from Slovakia so I'm
> guessing I'll have to send everything physically via mail.

Thanks, form sent off-list.

* Questions about Copyright Assignment
@ 2023-01-12  3:24 metal alpaca
From: metal alpaca @ 2023-01-12  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello, I have a few questions regarding copyright assignment:

1 ) Do I have to get my school/employer to sign anything?
2 ) If I change schools/employers, will I have to redo the whole process?
3 ) If I add a package to ELPA, then change to a school/employer where I’m
no longer able to assign copyright, then would I no longer be able to push
changes to that package?

Thanks!

* Re: Questions about Copyright Assignment
@ 2023-01-12  8:35 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-01-12  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: metal alpaca; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: metal alpaca <ml3628800@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 22:24:36 -0500
>
> Hello, I have a few questions regarding copyright assignment:
>
> 1 ) Do I have to get my school/employer to sign anything?
> 2 ) If I change schools/employers, will I have to redo the whole process?
> 3 ) If I add a package to ELPA, then change to a school/employer where I’m no longer able to assign
> copyright, then would I no longer be able to push changes to that package?

Please write to Craig Topham <copyright-clerk@fsf.org> and ask him
these questions.  He will probably want to know the details of your
relationship with your school and/or the contract with your employer,
but his responses are the definitive ones.  We here are not lawyers
and cannot give you the answers to your questions.

* Re: Questions about Copyright Assignment
@ 2023-01-13  3:33   ` metal alpaca
From: metal alpaca @ 2023-01-13  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel