* bidi problems with Hello
@ 2010-05-07 14:27 Yair F
From: Yair F @ 2010-05-07 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Emacs BIDI

bzr trunk has some odd bidi problems with HELLO file.
1. The RLM character is visible (This is not a bidi problem, but still
is a problem).
2. There is an additinal parenthesis
3. The tabbing is incorrect

Attached are two screenshots demonstrating the problem.
This is the trunk HELLO file with trunk emacs and emacs with 23.

[-- Attachment #2: oldemacs.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 18053 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: newemacs.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 15316 bytes --]

* Re: bidi problems with Hello
@ 2010-05-07 14:40 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-05-07 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yair F; +Cc: emacs-bidi, emacs-devel

> Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 17:27:16 +0300
> From: Yair F <yair.f.lists@gmail.com>
> Cc: Emacs BIDI <emacs-bidi@gnu.org>
>
> bzr trunk has some odd bidi problems with HELLO file.
> 1. The RLM character is visible (This is not a bidi problem, but still
> is a problem).
> 2. There is an additinal parenthesis
> 3. The tabbing is incorrect

These all are because character compositions don't yet work with bidi
reordering.  When they will, the RLM character will be composed with
the open parenthesis that follows it, and will become invisible.  And
the extra close parenthesis will disappear.  Alignment being incorrect
is a side effect of these two.

This is a known problem.  Handa-san is helping me to resolve it.