* POSIX_SIGNALS support for GNU/Hurd?
@ 2010-03-31 23:11 Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2010-03-31 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Does GNU/Hurd support POSIX_SIGNALS?

Can someone that has access to such a machine try adding

#define POSIX_SIGNALS

to src/s/gnu.h

and see if everything works as expected?

Besides src/s/gnu.h only w32 does not define POSIX_SIGNALS...

* Re: POSIX_SIGNALS support for GNU/Hurd?
@ 2010-04-01  7:01 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-04-01  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Dan Nicolaescu <dann@gnu.org>
> Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:11:31 -0400
>
> Besides src/s/gnu.h only w32 does not define POSIX_SIGNALS...

All these signals mean nothing to w32.  AFAICS, we could simply define
empty no-ops for the functions Emacs uses under POSIX_SIGNALS, and
then w32 would not need any special conditions in these quarters.

Let me know if you want me to make this happen.  (I guess it's only
worthwhile when the Hurd issue gets cleared.)

* Re: POSIX_SIGNALS support for GNU/Hurd?
@ 2010-04-30 20:54   ` Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2010-04-30 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

  > > From: Dan Nicolaescu <dann@gnu.org>
  > > Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:11:31 -0400
  > >
  > > Besides src/s/gnu.h only w32 does not define POSIX_SIGNALS...
  >
  > All these signals mean nothing to w32.  AFAICS, we could simply define
  > empty no-ops for the functions Emacs uses under POSIX_SIGNALS, and
  > then w32 would not need any special conditions in these quarters.
  >
  > Let me know if you want me to make this happen.  (I guess it's only
  > worthwhile when the Hurd issue gets cleared.)

Please do that.  If you add a
#define POSIX_SIGNALS
to the w32 file and take care of the consequences, I'll do a pass later
to remove all references to POSIX_SIGNALS, assuming it is always
defined.

Thanks

* Re: POSIX_SIGNALS support for GNU/Hurd?
@ 2010-05-01 18:42     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-05-01 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Dan Nicolaescu <dann@gnu.org>
> Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:54:48 -0400
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
>   > > From: Dan Nicolaescu <dann@gnu.org>
>   > > Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:11:31 -0400
>   > >
>   > > Besides src/s/gnu.h only w32 does not define POSIX_SIGNALS...
>   >
>   > All these signals mean nothing to w32.  AFAICS, we could simply define
>   > empty no-ops for the functions Emacs uses under POSIX_SIGNALS, and
>   > then w32 would not need any special conditions in these quarters.
>   >
>   > Let me know if you want me to make this happen.  (I guess it's only
>   > worthwhile when the Hurd issue gets cleared.)
>
> Please do that.

Done with revno 100106.