* emacs-20100712 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-13 13:23 Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2010-07-13 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: help-emacs-windows

The trunk was built and runs successfully on Windows.  Binaries have
been published in

http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

* Re: emacs-20100712 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-13 13:31 ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2010-07-13 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: help-emacs-windows, emacs-devel

2010/7/13 Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com>:
> The trunk was built and runs successfully on Windows.  Binaries have
> been published in
>
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

Thank you for doing this.

--
Deniz Dogan

* Re: emacs-20100712 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-13 21:37 ` Fren Zeee
From: Fren Zeee @ 2010-07-13 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: help-emacs-windows, emacs-devel

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone kindly give this newbie a few pointers of what command you used to
check out the source and to compile the binaries, ie what software and
configuration was needed to do it ?

Franz

@ 2010-07-13 22:02   ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2010-07-13 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: help-emacs-windows

Fren Zeee <frenzeee@gmail.com> writes:

    Hi Everyone,

    Can anyone kindly give this newbie a few pointers of what command you used to
    check out the source and to compile the binaries, ie what software and
    configuration was needed to do it ?

    Franz

The EmacsW32 pages are what I used.  Lennart spells it out well.  When
you hit the few little snags you'll hit, ask again.

* Re: emacs-20100712 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-14  6:21   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-07-14  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fren Zeee; +Cc: help-emacs-windows, sean.sieger, emacs-devel

> Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:37:28 -0700
> From: Fren Zeee <frenzeee@gmail.com>
> Cc: help-emacs-windows@gnu.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Can anyone kindly give this newbie a few pointers of what command you used to
> check out the source and to compile the binaries, ie what software and
> configuration was needed to do it ?

If you mean on Windows, see nt/INSTALL in the source tree.

This site has instructions for checking out the development sources:

  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs

* Re: emacs-20100712 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-14 14:39 ` Eric Lilja
From: Eric Lilja @ 2010-07-14 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: help-emacs-windows

On 2010-07-13 15:23, Sean Sieger wrote:
> The trunk was built and runs successfully on Windows.  Binaries have
> been published in
>
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

If I attempt to launch this emacs from a cygwin bash shell (running
inside MinTTY), I get:
Stack overflow in equal

Adding -Q does not help, same error.

If I instead try to launch it from within Powershell v2, emacs works fine.

What is going on here? I never had this problem before.

- EL

* Re: emacs-20100712 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-14 14:51   ` Eric Lilja
From: Eric Lilja @ 2010-07-14 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2010-07-14 16:39, Eric Lilja wrote:

> If I attempt to launch this emacs from a cygwin bash shell (running
> inside MinTTY), I get:
> Stack overflow in equal
>
> Adding -Q does not help, same error.
>
> If I instead try to launch it from within Powershell v2, emacs works fine.
>
> What is going on here? I never had this problem before.
>
> - EL

Ok, I have narrowed down the problem a bit more. If I start emacs with
--font "DejaVu Sans Mono-10" I get that error regardless of what shell I
happen to be using. What is wrong here?

- EL

* Re: emacs-20100712 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-14 15:05     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-07-14 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Lilja; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Eric Lilja <mindcooler@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:51:35 +0200
>
> On 2010-07-14 16:39, Eric Lilja wrote:
> >
> > If I attempt to launch this emacs from a cygwin bash shell (running
> > inside MinTTY), I get:
> > Stack overflow in equal
> >
> > Adding -Q does not help, same error.
> >
> > If I instead try to launch it from within Powershell v2, emacs works fine.
> >
> > What is going on here? I never had this problem before.
> >
> > - EL
> >

> Ok, I have narrowed down the problem a bit more. If I start emacs with
> --font "DejaVu Sans Mono-10" I get that error regardless of what shell I
> happen to be using. What is wrong here?

It's a bug.  It was fixed this morning.  This is what you get for
using the cutting edge.

* RE: emacs-20100712 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-14 15:05   ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2010-07-14 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Eric Lilja', emacs-devel; +Cc: help-emacs-windows

> If I attempt to launch this emacs from a cygwin bash shell
> (running inside MinTTY), I get: Stack overflow in equal
> Adding -Q does not help, same error. If I instead try to
> launch it from within Powershell v2, emacs works fine.
> What is going on here? I never had this problem before.

I reported the same problem - that build is useless to me.
See bug #6629, which has apparently been fixed.

* Re: emacs-20100712 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-14 15:24       ` Eric Lilja
From: Eric Lilja @ 2010-07-14 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2010-07-14 17:05, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> It's a bug.  It was fixed this morning.  This is what you get for
> using the cutting edge.

Thanks for your quick replies, Mr Zaretskii and Mr Adams. I will run the
previous set of posted binaries until a new set has been released.

- EL