* "git pull" in Emacs repo results in "fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer"
@ 2016-02-19 10:38 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2016-02-19 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Hi all,

is something wrong with me or do you experience that, too?

(A cloning attempt results in a similar error.)

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: "git pull" in Emacs repo results in "fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer"
@ 2016-02-19 11:13 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-02-19 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Borkowski; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl>
> Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 11:38:16 +0100
>
> Hi all,
>
> is something wrong with me or do you experience that, too?
>
> (A cloning attempt results in a similar error.)

Savannah is in trouble.  Please be patient.

* Re: "git pull" in Emacs repo results in "fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer"
@ 2016-02-19 11:55   ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2016-02-19 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Emacs developers

Yes, I've noticed that too. A good way to test if Savannah is down is to
check if you can load http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git in a web
browser.

--
Kaushal Modi

@ 2016-02-19 12:20   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2016-02-19 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 2016-02-19, at 12:13, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

>> From: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl>
>> Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 11:38:16 +0100
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> is something wrong with me or do you experience that, too?
>>
>> (A cloning attempt results in a similar error.)
>
> Savannah is in trouble.  Please be patient.

OK.  Does "Please be patient" mean "Wait an hour or two", "Wait a day or
two", or "Wait a week or two"?  (I'm not ironic, I just want to know
when it makes sense to try again.)

Best,

--

@ 2016-02-19 15:13     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-02-19 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Borkowski; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 13:20:33 +0100
>
> > Savannah is in trouble.  Please be patient.
>
> OK.  Does "Please be patient" mean "Wait an hour or two", "Wait a day or
> two", or "Wait a week or two"?  (I'm not ironic, I just want to know
> when it makes sense to try again.)

Sorry, I don't know.  Like you, I wait for the service to come back
up.

* Re: "git pull" in Emacs repo results in "fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer"
@ 2016-02-19 23:58       ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2016-02-19 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org