From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
To: Psionic K <psionik@positron.solutions>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Where / when Emacs on Gitlab?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 11:15:57 +0200	[thread overview]

> From: Psionic K <psionik@positron.solutions>
> Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 15:22:12 +0900
>
> I only just caught Stefan's presentation on Emacs development
> https://toobnix.org/w/m4XmrmE9Geat54AKT1RQaH
>
> I'm in favor of a relief valve for the email based workflows and
> generally experienced at these sorts of CI and repo automation tools.
> Most importantly in this email, I don't lurk on the mailing lists, so
> someone feel free to reply to me directly to make sure we connect on
> Gitlab etc whenever it's ready to happen.

Gitlab has issues, and at least some of them need to be resolved
before we could switch.  For the details, see

  https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/28152

Other similar tools and services were proposed over the years, but
they all share the same problem: some aspects that we require are
either absent or buggy or fall short of what we need.

Past discussions concluded that there's no resistance to migrating to
one of those tools/services as long as the minimum requirements are
fulfilled.

So for something like this to happen, motivated individuals should
step forward and provide the missing features in some of these tools,
at which point we could start the process of migrating to that tool.