* Checking if this is a Eshell bug in emacs 29: Should eshell redirect all output in esh script to stdout
@ 2022-11-23 18:56 Milan Zimmermann
From: Milan Zimmermann @ 2022-11-23 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I would like to check here before reporting an Eshell bug.

A script named 'redirect-echo.esh' with two echo commands.

Emacs 29: Sourcing it and redirecting output to a file, results in the
first echo string ('hello') showing in eshell, only the second
('there')(presumably because it is last) showing in the output file:

tmp $ cat redirect-echo.esh
echo hello
echo there
tmp $ source redirect-echo.esh > redirect-echo.out
hello
tmp $ cat redirect-echo.out
theretmp $

As a note, the same behavior if elisp "print" is used instead of echo. Also
the same behavior if I redirect output to an Emacs buffer instead of the
file.

 I believe this is a bug but I am not sure about Eshell's intended
features, so I wanted to check first.

Thanks,

Milan