On 2016-12-05 08:20, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> (defun backtrace () >> "Print a trace of Lisp function calls currently active. >> Output stream used is value of `standard-output'." >> (mapbacktrace #'~/backtrace-1 1)) > > Have you tried it both byte-compiled and interpreted? Maybe this > function is just simple enough that the result is the same in both > cases, but in my experience, the stack is sufficiently different in the > two cases that a constant nskip doesn't cut it (hence the use of `base` > in backtrace-frame). Thanks; I attached an updated patch. Removing `backtrace' from eval.c makes the patch much harder to read, so I'll do that later. Clément.