From: Steven Tamm <steventamm@mac.com>
Cc: "Sébastien Kirche" <sebastien.kirche@free.fr>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Special Characters on Mac Emacs
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:43:01 -0800	[thread overview]

ATSUI means a rewrite of a large portion of the display code, with the
benefit that it will display all unicode characters consistently.  The
change from the emacs-unicode-2 branch for storing the internals as
unicode will dramatically reduce the cost of implementing this feature.

However, I'm having much difficulty in keeping the font specificationss
consistent between quickdraw and ATSUI (let alone the near
impossibility of determining glyph widths in a manner that's fast).
I'll have to write this up and send it around.

-Steven