* Re: Geometry and temp-buffer-max-height
@ 2007-08-02 20:43 martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2007-08-02 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrea.vettorello; +Cc: emacs-devel

 >> Can you please now confirm that
 >> the window is _not_ resized on your "local configuration" when you have
 >> `temp-buffer-resize-mode' enabled and `temp-buffer-max-height' is left
 >> at the default value.
 >>

 > I confirm it, the temp buffer doesn't apply the
 > "temp-buffer-max-height" if i pass the geometry option, from command
 > line or .Xdefaults/.Xrerources, and if the fringe-mode is used in any
 > other way than the default.

That doesn't answer my question but let's ignore this for the moment.
Could you please add the lines below at the end of your .emacs file,
restart Emacs, and tell me whether the problem persists (this is by no
means the correct fix but merely a temporary workaround):

(require 'help)

(defun resize-temp-buffer-window ()
   ""
   (unless (or (one-window-p 'nomini)
               (not (pos-visible-in-window-p (point-min)))
               (> (frame-width) (window-width)))
     (fit-window-to-buffer
      (selected-window)
      (if (functionp temp-buffer-max-height)
	 (funcall temp-buffer-max-height (current-buffer))
        temp-buffer-max-height))))

* Re: Geometry and temp-buffer-max-height
@ 2007-08-03  7:46 ` Andrea Vettorello
From: Andrea Vettorello @ 2007-08-03  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 8/2/07, martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at> wrote:
>  >> Can you please now confirm that
>  >> the window is _not_ resized on your "local configuration" when you have
>  >> `temp-buffer-resize-mode' enabled and `temp-buffer-max-height' is left
>  >> at the default value.

I've restored `temp-buffer-max-height' to the default value and
enabled `temp-buffer-resize-mode', the temp buffers are not resized,
they span to half the frame height, when passing a geometry option and
with fringe other than default.

>  >
>  > I confirm it, the temp buffer doesn't apply the
>  > "temp-buffer-max-height" if i pass the geometry option, from command
>  > line or .Xdefaults/.Xrerources, and if the fringe-mode is used in any
>  > other way than the default.
>
> That doesn't answer my question but let's ignore this for the moment.
> Could you please add the lines below at the end of your .emacs file,
> restart Emacs, and tell me whether the problem persists (this is by no
> means the correct fix but merely a temporary workaround):
>
> (require 'help)
>
> (defun resize-temp-buffer-window ()
>    ""
>    (unless (or (one-window-p 'nomini)
>                (not (pos-visible-in-window-p (point-min)))
>                (> (frame-width) (window-width)))
>      (fit-window-to-buffer
>       (selected-window)
>       (if (functionp temp-buffer-max-height)
>          (funcall temp-buffer-max-height (current-buffer))
>         temp-buffer-max-height))))

I've included you code, tried with `temp-buffer-resize-mode'  enabled
and default for `temp-buffer-max-height', the temp buffers are
resized.

--
Andrea