* 404 when trying to access some bug reports
@ 2009-12-28 21:31 Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2009-12-28 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

It seems that many of the bug reports with numbers beginning with "51"
give me a 404 on the Emacs bug tracker.

The full list of Emacs bugs: http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/pa/lemacs.html
For example, bug 5128 is listed there, but
http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/51/5128.html gives me 404. Looking for it in
http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/51/ reveals that the file does not exist.

Why? Should I file a bug report? :)

--
Deniz Dogan

* Re: 404 when trying to access some bug reports
@ 2010-01-05 21:46 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-01-05 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deniz Dogan; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

Deniz Dogan wrote:

> The full list of Emacs bugs: http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/pa/lemacs.html
> For example, bug 5128 is listed there, but
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/51/5128.html gives me 404. Looking for it in
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/51/ reveals that the file does not exist.

I re-ran the relevant thing by hand, and the files seem to have
re-appeared now.

There is some caching and time-stamping, and I am not sure how often
those pages are really updated. Maybe there was a transient glitch
that prevented the script completing.

Whilst the static index is the best/only way to see _all_ bugs, I
think the dynamic pages are the best way to see individual reports.

* Re: 404 when trying to access some bug reports
@ 2010-01-05 22:34   ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2010-01-05 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

2010/1/5 Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>:
> Deniz Dogan wrote:
>
>> The full list of Emacs bugs: http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/pa/lemacs.html
>> For example, bug 5128 is listed there, but
>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/51/5128.html gives me 404. Looking for it in
>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/51/ reveals that the file does not exist.
>
> I re-ran the relevant thing by hand, and the files seem to have
> re-appeared now.
>
> There is some caching and time-stamping, and I am not sure how often
> those pages are really updated. Maybe there was a transient glitch
> that prevented the script completing.
>
> Whilst the static index is the best/only way to see _all_ bugs, I
> think the dynamic pages are the best way to see individual reports.

I believe Chong posted something about the same issue (but not as a

Deniz Dogan