On 13 Aug 2005, at 15:40, Richard M. Stallman wrote: > However, I tend to think that the completion definition is not > essential, and is better for advanced users, while it can screw > beginners who don't know enough to use C-q SPC. Therefore, > I have concluded we should redefine SPC. > > Would someone like to implement this change, and ack to me? Done. The patch is attached. Please apply if it's OK - I can't. Maybe this needs to be documented in NEWS as well. src/ChangeLog: 2005-10-15 David Reitter * minibuf.c (keys_of_minibuf): Do not map Space to minibuffer-complete-word. lisp/ChangeLog: 2005-10-15 David Reitter * complete.el (PC-bindings): Do not map Space to minibuffer-complete-word when restoring the keymap.