On 24.11.2021 16:53, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > This is just a test: If everybody hates this default, we won't proceed, > but we won't know unless we test it. So we're now testing this on the > trunk for a month. Vote in a month. I don't mind having a test, but FWIW I don't like the result either. It's possible that the crux of the matter is that the monospaced font has been hand-picked and tweaked over the years, whereas the proportional one is something automatically selected by the system. Comparison screenshot attached. Speaking in more detail, I probably like how the buffer name is rendered and emphasized more, but the modes section (in parens) - not so much.