On 5 Apr 2008, at 13:33, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote: > > I thought users may want to see the change immediately with > Command-click on the toolbar button, for example. Also it looks more > consistent with how to control the position/width of scroll bars and > fringes. For the latter I see some use case, but not for the icon labels. It could be done, but I won't get around to it. I'm attaching the patch to tool-bar.el which will load PNGs if present and also display the label if the underlying C code has this enabled. (This is a combination of the earlier patches because they didn't apply separately.) It also fixes a bug in my previous patch affecting tool-bar-local-item-from-menu. It would help if someone could test this on a different system. It shouldn't actually change anything unless the PNGs or the labels are supported. I'm unsure about this bit: (define-key-after in-map (vector key) (let ((rest (cdr defn))) ;; If the rest of the definition starts ;; with a list of menu cache info, get rid of that. (if (and (consp rest) (consp (car rest))) (setq rest (cdr rest))) (append `(menu-item ,(or label (car (cdr rest))) ,(cdr rest)) (list :image image) props)))))))) When does menu cache info show up there?