I haven't seen the problem since including this patch. But it was always rather rare for me. Or rather I would go a long time without seeing it, and then it would happen a lot and I would restart Emacs. So, although I can't definitely say it's fixed, it does seem to be. -Ivan On Jan 8, 2013, at 10:22 AM, Jan Djärv wrote: > Hello. > > Does this patch help: > > === modified file 'src/nsterm.m' > --- src/nsterm.m 2012-12-10 02:00:42 +0000 > +++ src/nsterm.m 2013-01-08 09:21:58 +0000 > @@ -5170,6 +5170,7 @@ > if (NS_KEYLOG) > NSLog (@"doCommandBySelector: %@", NSStringFromSelector (aSelector)); > > + processingCompose = NO; > if (aSelector == @selector (deleteBackward:)) > { > /* happens when user backspaces over an ongoing composition: > > > Jan D. > > 8 jan 2013 kl. 03:29 skrev Paul Michael Reilly : > >> I see somewhat similar behavior as well. I thought it might be related to autosave but have no verification yet. I did confirm the behavior using emacs -q and will gladly go after the problem with gdb but I would very much appreciate some suggestions. I rebuilt twice in the past week using the latest bazaar changes and saw the behavior in both builds. My previous build is about 3 months old and does not show the bad behavior, fwiw. >> >> -pmr >> >> >> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Ivan Andrus wrote: >> On Jan 7, 2013, at 6:36 PM, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote: >> >> > Once in a while, some frame stops receiving keyboard events. It keeps >> > receiving mouse events, so I can move the cursor around and so forth, >> > but typing into the frame has no effect. >> > >> > Apparently, if I just keep typing random junk into the frame, the >> > problem will resolve itself, with most of the input lost. (This is a >> > new observation, not yet thoroughly confirmed. Previously, I would >> > just kill the frame and open a new one.) In any case, the problem >> > only affects one frame, and other frames work as usual. >> > >> > This is happening on OS X, --with-ns, recent builds from trunk. I >> > think the problem has been around for quite a while (i.e., weeks), but >> > I just haven't gotten around to reporting it until now. >> > >> > I'd file a bug report, but the problem is that I have no idea how to >> > reproduce the problem. It just happens at random times. >> > >> > Do other OS X users see this? Can you suggest something I could try to >> > get more information next time it happens? I gather that the event >> > loop is notoriously hard to debug, however. >> >> I have noticed this too. For me the problem "goes away" when I press a letter. In other words only control or meta (or hyper probably) keys don't work. When I press a regular letter then it inputs that character and I am able to type control characters as normal. >> >> Sadly, I can't offer any advice on how to debug it, but thought this extra data point might be useful. I haven't noticed any clues as to what might cause it, and it's rather rare. >> >> -Ivan >> >