On 4/30/21 12:54 AM, Juri Linkov wrote: > Then there are only minor details remaining: > > 1. for read-char-by-name, the first candidate of a group > is displayed at the end of the same line with the group title > (perhaps easy to fix); I fixed this. There was a missing "\n" after the group titles. > 2. it would be nice to support vertical/horizontal formats > inside every group, not only one-column. Yes, this should be added. The current patch contains a TODO above the `completion--insert-strings` function. I intend to rework the `completion--insert-strings` function, splitting it into three functions, one for each format. This should make this code easier to maintain. Then I will also add support for group titles. I will implement a second patch, which implements these changes. I attached the current version of the patch (REVISED PATCH VERSION 2). In comparison to the previous "REVISED PATCH" I made minor cleanups and changes and fixed the "\n" issue you noticed. There is the question if the `completions-detailed` variable should be reused to also guard the grouping (See the NOTE in the commit message of the patch). Daniel