On 17/04/2020 10.46, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Clément Pit-Claudel >> Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 10:13:58 -0400 >> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org >> >> This definition is evaluated once and for all, instead of once per frame. Isn't that a bug? > > I don't know. AFAIK, we don't have infrastructure for deciding when > stuff like that needs to be re-evaluated and how to use different > results for different frames. If someone wants to work on such > infrastructure, I think it will bring us a step closer to being able > to support different GUI frame types (like GTK, w32, NS, etc.) in the > same session. I may be missing something, but I don't think such infrastructure is needed here — we already have most of what's needed with conditional faces. The attached patch gets us 90% of the way, with the only remaining issue being wrapping buttons in square brackets on text terminals. We'd also need a similar trick for check-boxes and the like. WDYT?