Hello Thomas, Thomas Fitzsimmons writes: > [...] > One open issue I had when I tested the prior patch was the fact that > repeated completion attempts would query the LDAP search on each > attempt, even if the completion table could already have been > populated with all relevant LDAP entries. > [...] Fully agree that that's inefficient and impairs the user experience. It shouldn't happen, but seems to depend on the user interface. I do get a completions buffer popped up when calling either of the functions completion-at-point or message-tab (see attached). What is your value of the variable completion-auto-help? Dies changing the value of the variable message-expand-name-standard-ui change anything for you? Which function gets called when you press TAB? message-tab? Cheers, --alexander