Here's a patch that implements the "wrap-prefix" feature discussed earlier. It allows a prefix to be added to the beginning of each line wrapped by redisplay. It works with both word-wrapping and non-word wrapping. I also added a "line-prefix" feature which is the same thing for _non_ wrapped lines. There are both buffer-local variables (`line-prefix', `wrap-prefix') and text-property/overlay versions of both. They may contain a string, an image or a `display'-property style "space" spec. Besides my current usage (adding "hanging indents" to word-wrapped-lines in rcirc buffers), these features could be used to add other sorts of word-processor-style spacing frobs, such as an implicit paragraph indent (using line-prefix), additional vertical whitespace between "paragraphs" (using a line-prefix with a value like (space :height 1.5)), etc. Any comments? -Miles