* Re: Latin-7 support
       [not found]   ` <mailman.8255.1056040793.21513.bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-06-19 17:26     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2003-06-19 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

that has been posted to gnu.emacs.bug as well.

> A couple of weeks ago I received a confirmation of my assignment
> (Subject: [gnu.org #22677] Albertas Agejevas - Emacs assignment).
> Taking a quick look at the CVS repository in Savannah I haven't
> noticed my changes.  Do I need to resend my patch?  I'm attaching it
> anyway.

I have no idea about the status of your code, but I just would like to
mention, that I don't think it's a good idea at this point to introduce
yet-another-latin-N charset.  I think it should be implemented as
a coding-system only.  I.e. like mac-roman rather than like latin-9.

Of course, that's only possible if all the chars can already be represented
in some other charset (typically a mixture of latin-1,
mule-unicode-NNNN-MMMM) and I have no idea whether that's the case or not.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-06-19 17:26 UTC | newest]