Stefan Monnier wrote: >> and once you have the fake pointer, --enable-check-lisp-object-type >> doesn't buy much extra safety that is useful. > It does give us some extra checking, but not very much, indeed. > Maybe we can turn it into a no-op. To get the ball rolling on that, I installed the attached into master. This doesn't turn --enable-check-lisp-object-type into a no-op; it merely goes back to disabling it by default. We can remove it later if in practice it's not that helpful to enable it.