* Feature request: tab-line-new-button-show
@ 2020-03-18 16:18 No Wayman
From: No Wayman @ 2020-03-18 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel, juri

Juri very kindly added `tab-bar-new-button-show' to control the
display of the new button in tab-bar-mode in response to a message
I sent him on Reddit.

I think an analogue variable in tab-line-mode would be great for
keyboard-centric users of tab-line-mode.

Thanks for all the hard work,
Nick Vollmer

* Re: Feature request: tab-line-new-button-show
@ 2020-03-18 23:45 ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2020-03-18 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: No Wayman; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Juri very kindly added `tab-bar-new-button-show' to control the display of
> the new button in tab-bar-mode in response to a message I sent him
> on Reddit.
>
> I think an analogue variable in tab-line-mode would be great for
> keyboard-centric users of tab-line-mode.

Thanks for the feedback.  tab-line-mode definitely should allow doing the same.
Actually it already does.  When tab-line-new-tab-choice is customized to nil -
"No button".

But it seems this lack of symmetry between tab-bar and tab-line
customizations is confusing.  Perhaps this nil option should be moved from
tab-line-new-tab-choice to a new customizable boolean variable
tab-line-new-button-show.

* Re: Feature request: tab-line-new-button-show
@ 2020-03-19  0:51 iarchivedmywholelife
From: iarchivedmywholelife @ 2020-03-19  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Linkov; +Cc: emacs-devel

My apologies for overlooking the other option. I do agree that having symmetry between the packages would lend itself to ease of configuration. Either way, I'm happy the option exists. Thank you.
-------- Original message --------From: Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> Date: 3/18/20  7:58 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: No Wayman <iarchivedmywholelife@gmail.com> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org Subject: Re: Feature request: tab-line-new-button-show > Juri very kindly added `tab-bar-new-button-show' to control the display of> the new button in tab-bar-mode in response to a message I sent him> on Reddit.>> I think an analogue variable in tab-line-mode would be great for> keyboard-centric users of tab-line-mode.Thanks for the feedback.  tab-line-mode definitely should allow doing the same.Actually it already does.  When tab-line-new-tab-choice is customized to nil -"No button".

* Re: Feature request: tab-line-new-button-show
@ 2020-03-19 23:22 ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2020-03-19 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: iarchivedmywholelife; +Cc: emacs-devel

> My apologies for overlooking the other option. I do agree that having
> symmetry between the packages would lend itself to ease of configuration.
> Either way, I'm happy the option exists. Thank you.

Now tab-line-new-button-show is added as well,
so tab-bar and tab-line don't divert one from another
too much, at least in customizable options.