* [dksw@eircom.net: Telnet mode (rsh/ssh).]
@ 2007-07-05  1:31 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-07-05  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Would someone please DTRT and ack?

Date: Tue,  3 Jul 2007 22:48:50 +0100
From: David Keegan <dksw@eircom.net>
To: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Telnet mode (rsh/ssh).

Hi,

Since moving from emacs-21.4 to emacs-22 two features of
telnet mode are giving me trouble:

1. M-p Used to insert the previous command after the prompt.
Now it inserts at the beginning of the line in front of the
prompt, rendering it useless.

2. If I type RET at the prompt without entering a command, a
new prompt appears on the same line. It used to appear on a
new line. It's as if the empty command isn't being sent to
the process.

I'm looking for suggestions for avoiding this behaviour.

Regards,
David Keegan.
- --
[David Keegan dksw@eircom.net 353 1 2988743]
[56 Roebuck Downs Dublin 14 IRELAND]

* [dksw@eircom.net: Telnet mode (rsh/ssh).]
@ 2007-07-15 16:50 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-07-15 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

[I sent this message a week ago but did not get a response.]

Would someone please DTRT and ack?
This needs to be fixed in Emacs 22.

Date: Tue,  3 Jul 2007 22:48:50 +0100
From: David Keegan <dksw@eircom.net>
To: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

@ 2007-07-23  4:27 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-07-23  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

[I sent this message twice but did not get a response.]

Date: Tue,  3 Jul 2007 22:48:50 +0100
From: David Keegan <dksw@eircom.net>
To: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

@ 2007-07-30 20:48 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-07-30 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

[I sent this message three times but did not get a response.
The bug needs to be fixed.]

Date: Tue,  3 Jul 2007 22:48:50 +0100
From: David Keegan <dksw@eircom.net>
To: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

* Re: [dksw@eircom.net: Telnet mode (rsh/ssh).]
@ 2007-08-03  3:26 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-08-03  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman wrote:

> From: David Keegan <dksw@eircom.net>
> Subject: Telnet mode (rsh/ssh).
> To: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Tue,  3 Jul 2007 22:48:50 +0100
[...]
> 1. M-p Used to insert the previous command after the prompt. Now it
> inserts at the beginning of the line in front of the prompt,
> rendering it useless.

Fixed on trunk and branch.

> 2. If I type RET at the prompt without entering a command, a new
> prompt appears on the same line. It used to appear on a new line.

emacs-21.4 behaves the same as 22.1 in this regard for me.