* Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
@ 2016-07-07 18:47 John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2016-07-07 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Greetings, denizens of the Emacs-verse,

I'd like you to join me in welcoming Eli Zaretskii as our new co-maintainer
for the Emacs project. He has already distinguished himself by an unflagging
commitment to bug resolution, discussion contributions, and patches. Now I'm
asking that he further assist me in the work of making decisions that relate
to overall Emacs policy and directions we'll be taking in the future.

My own life has recently placed time constraints on me that make it difficult
to keep up with every discussion on a daily basis. Eli's help will allow me to
focus on fewer discussions in greater depth, and to spend time on a few
technical matters that I'd been unable to get back to recently.

Please give Eli your whole-hearted support, and remember that our collective
aim is one: to create a better Emacs. The more smoothly and amicably we can
conduct our work, the easier it will be to reach that goal.

Yours,

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
@ 2016-07-07 23:28 ` Robert Weiner
                   ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: Robert Weiner @ 2016-07-07 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 2:47 PM, John Wiegley <jwiegley@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please give Eli your whole-hearted support, and remember that our collective
> aim is one: to create a better Emacs. The more smoothly and amicably we can
> conduct our work, the easier it will be to reach that goal.

Congratulations, Eli.  I am sure you and John will work well together
as you have been doing.

Bob

* Re: Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
@ 2016-07-07 23:31   ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2016-07-07 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rswgnu, emacs-devel

Awesome! Congratulations, Eli!

--
Kaushal Modi

* RE: Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
@ 2016-07-07 23:39 ` Drew Adams
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Drew Adams @ 2016-07-07 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Wiegley, emacs-devel

Very good!

(But I thought Eli was already acting as co-maintainer, pretty much.)

* Re: Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
@ 2016-07-07 23:42 ` Dmitry Gutov
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2016-07-07 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hurray for Eli!

* Re: Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-07-08  1:36 ` Tino Calancha
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Tino Calancha @ 2016-07-08  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016, John Wiegley wrote:

> Greetings, denizens of the Emacs-verse,
>
> I'd like you to join me in welcoming Eli Zaretskii as our new co-maintainer
> for the Emacs project.
It sounds like a right decision: good to Emacs.  Welcome Eli!

* Re: Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
@ 2016-07-08  5:00   ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2016-07-08  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Drew Adams <drew.adams <at> oracle.com> writes:

> Very good!

+1

> (But I thought Eli was already acting as co-maintainer, pretty much.)

Me too!

Fabrice

* Re: Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
@ 2016-07-08  5:37     ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2016-07-08  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Popineau; +Cc: emacs-devel

>> (But I thought Eli was already acting as co-maintainer, pretty much.)
> Me too!

Just shows how well-suited he is for the role. :) I'm happy to have his
support, as well as everyone else here who serves as a co-maintainer in all
but name.

* Re: Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-07-08  8:27 ` joakim
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: joakim @ 2016-07-08  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

John Wiegley <jwiegley@gmail.com> writes:

> Greetings, denizens of the Emacs-verse,
>
> I'd like you to join me in welcoming Eli Zaretskii as our new co-maintainer
> for the Emacs project. He has already distinguished himself by an unflagging
> commitment to bug resolution, discussion contributions, and patches. Now I'm
> asking that he further assist me in the work of making decisions that relate
> to overall Emacs policy and directions we'll be taking in the future.
>
> My own life has recently placed time constraints on me that make it difficult
> to keep up with every discussion on a daily basis. Eli's help will allow me to
> focus on fewer discussions in greater depth, and to spend time on a few
> technical matters that I'd been unable to get back to recently.
>
> Please give Eli your whole-hearted support, and remember that our collective
> aim is one: to create a better Emacs. The more smoothly and amicably we can
> conduct our work, the easier it will be to reach that goal.

This is great news!

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
@ 2016-07-08  9:51   ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2016-07-08  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Thanks, Eli, for taking on the responsibility.

* Re: Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-07-08 11:30 ` Rasmus
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Rasmus @ 2016-07-08 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Many thanks, Eli!

--
Vote for proprietary math!

* Re: Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-07-08 16:15 ` Clément Pit--Claudel
From: Clément Pit--Claudel @ 2016-07-08 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2016-07-07 14:47, John Wiegley wrote:
> I'd like you to join me in welcoming Eli Zaretskii as our new co-maintainer
> for the Emacs project.

Congratulations!

* Re: Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-07-08 22:58 ` Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2016-07-08 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Wiegley, emacs-devel

John Wiegley <jwiegley@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like you to join me in welcoming Eli Zaretskii as our new
> co-maintainer

That's great news!

Nico

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-07-12 13:35 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2016-07-12 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> I'd like you to join me in welcoming Eli Zaretskii as our new co-maintainer
> for the Emacs project.

Great news!  Thanks Eli!