On 2016-07-03 18:34, Richard Stallman wrote: > > > Is there a standard way to run a function after each redisplay cycle? > > > No, not that I know of. > > It is asking for trouble, since if there is any bug in it or confusing > behavior, you will get totally screwed. Much more than with a pre- or post-command-hook? We could have the same logic for errors: If an unhandled error happens in running this hook, the function in which the error occurred is unconditionally removed, since otherwise the error might happen repeatedly and make Emacs nonfunctional. Clément.