On 2016-06-26 15:29, Andreas Röhler wrote: >> I think you're making a good point; and still the frustrating part >> with a python-specific fix is that C-M-a will have a different >> meaning depending on the programming language :/ > > Nope. A function definition as displayed here is pretty comparable > with its role in Emacs Lisp. A case would be def/class distinction - > which is not at stake. Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. My point was that a python-specific fix for the issue described by the OP would be confusing.