* Build fails (Carbon) / _posix_memalign
@ 2006-03-10  7:44 David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2006-03-10  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Last night's build failed when linking, which may have to do with

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> 06/03/09 23:06:58:

         (USE_POSIX_MEMALIGN): New macro.
         (ABLOCKS_BASE, lisp_align_malloc, lisp_align_free): Use it.

gcc -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -I. -I/Users/dr/Aquamacs/emacs.GNU/
mac/../src -fpascal-strings -DMAC_OSX -I../mac/src -Dtemacs -g -O2   /
Users/dr/Aquamacs/emacs.GNU/mac/../src/prefix-args.c -o prefix-args
echo "dispnew.o frame.o scroll.o xdisp.o  window.o charset.o coding.o
category.o ccl.o cm.o term.o xfaces.o   emacs.o keyboard.o macros.o
keymap.o sysdep.o buffer.o filelock.o insdel.o marker.o minibuf.o
fileio.o dired.o filemode.o cmds.o casetab.o casefiddle.o indent.o
search.o regex.o undo.o alloc.o data.o doc.o editfns.o callint.o
eval.o floatfns.o fns.o print.o lread.o abbrev.o syntax.o
unexmacosx.o bytecode.o process.o callproc.o region-cache.o sound.o
atimer.o doprnt.o strftime.o intervals.o textprop.o composite.o
md5.o  mac.o macterm.o macfns.o macmenu.o macselect.o fontset.o
fringe.o image.o  terminfo.o lastfile.o    mktime.o " > buildobj.lst
gcc  -prebind -framework Carbon -framework QuickTime -Xlinker -
headerpad -Xlinker 690  -o temacs pre-crt0.o dispnew.o frame.o
scroll.o xdisp.o  window.o charset.o coding.o category.o ccl.o cm.o
term.o xfaces.o   emacs.o keyboard.o macros.o keymap.o sysdep.o
buffer.o filelock.o insdel.o marker.o minibuf.o fileio.o dired.o
filemode.o cmds.o casetab.o casefiddle.o indent.o search.o regex.o
undo.o alloc.o data.o doc.o editfns.o callint.o eval.o floatfns.o
fns.o print.o lread.o abbrev.o syntax.o unexmacosx.o bytecode.o
process.o callproc.o region-cache.o sound.o atimer.o doprnt.o
strftime.o intervals.o textprop.o composite.o md5.o  mac.o macterm.o
macfns.o macmenu.o macselect.o fontset.o fringe.o image.o  terminfo.o
lastfile.o    mktime.o     -lncurses
ld: warning prebinding disabled because of undefined symbols
ld: Undefined symbols:
_posix_memalign
make[2]: *** [temacs] Error 1

* Re: Build fails (Carbon) / _posix_memalign
@ 2006-03-10 14:56 ` Giorgos Keramidas
From: Giorgos Keramidas @ 2006-03-10 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

On 2006-03-10 07:44, David Reitter <david.reitter@gmail.com> wrote:
> Last night's build failed when linking, which may have to do with
>
> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> 06/03/09 23:06:58:
>
>         (USE_POSIX_MEMALIGN): New macro.
>         (ABLOCKS_BASE, lisp_align_malloc, lisp_align_free): Use it.

Please, make sure you have at least revision 1.393 of `src/alloc.c'.
Stefan has committed a fix for USE_POSIX_MEMALIGN in that revision.

I've just finished bootstrapping a snapshot with that change, configured
with --without-x here and the build finished without any problem.

* Re: Build fails (Carbon) / _posix_memalign
@ 2006-03-11  3:33   ` David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2006-03-11  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10 Mar 2006, at 14:56, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> On 2006-03-10 07:44, David Reitter <david.reitter@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Last night's build failed when linking, which may have to do with
>>
>> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> 06/03/09 23:06:58:
>>
>>         (USE_POSIX_MEMALIGN): New macro.
>>         (ABLOCKS_BASE, lisp_align_malloc, lisp_align_free): Use it.
>
> Please, make sure you have at least revision 1.393 of `src/alloc.c'.
> Stefan has committed a fix for USE_POSIX_MEMALIGN in that revision.
>
> I've just finished bootstrapping a snapshot with that change,
> configured
> with --without-x here and the build finished without any problem.

It worked fine earlier today (10th). Thanks.

- D