On 03/05/2016 01:16 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Clément Pit--Claudel >> >> Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. My point was about the fact that since >> the escapes and the actual characters don't have the same length, >> and since printing a docstring doesn't rewrap it, docstrings >> wrapped with M-q in the source will look wrong after rendering. > > Doc strings should never be wrapped with the likes of M-q. I see, thanks. > For starters, this can make the first line include more than one > sentence. Can it? Don't we have special code in `lisp-fill-paragraph' to avoid this? > More generally, there are already constructs we recognize > in doc strings that produce longer or shorter strings when > displayed, so M-q is just not up to the job, and shouldn't be used. Thanks for clarifying. Do we have something else?