On 03/05/2016 12:12 PM, Paul Eggert wrote: > I don't see a problem here. The original string should look something like this: > > "Use Greek capital letters (\N{GREEK CAPITAL LETTER ALPHA}\N{EN DASH}\N{GREEK CAPITAL LETTER OMEGA}) to denote figures." > > and there's no space between the "DASH}" and the following "\N{GREEK" for M-q to latch onto. I just now tried M-q on the above string and it came up with: > > (defun foo (abc) > "Use Greek capital letters (\N{GREEK CAPITAL LETTER ALPHA}\N{EN > DASH}\N{GREEK CAPITAL LETTER OMEGA}) to denote figures." > ...) > > which should work OK if arbitrary white space is allowed between words inside \N{...} escapes. Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. My point was about the fact that since the escapes and the actual characters don't have the same length, and since printing a docstring doesn't rewrap it, docstrings wrapped with M-q in the source will look wrong after rendering. Given this (wrapped with M-q): (defun aaa () "AAAA. \N{ARROW POINTING DOWNWARDS THEN CURVING LEFTWARDS} is not the same as \N{ARROW POINTING RIGHTWARDS THEN CURVING DOWNWARDS}.") The rendering will be aaa is a Lisp function. (aaa) AAAA. ⤶ is not the same as ⤵.