On 03/01/2016 01:43 PM, Philipp Stephani wrote: > > > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-12/msg00871.html > > > I think this patch can still be applied as-is, it just simplifies the > code a bit without changing any behavior. OK, thanks, I applied it to master, along with the attached followup which cleans things up a bit more and removes unnecessary runtime checks. > > > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-12/msg00881.html > > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-12/msg00902.html > > > The second one is newer, so the first one should be discarded in favor > of the second one. Given the decision to allow longjmp on segfault, it > is no longer correct, but a variant (replacing "non-local exits" with > "non-local exits due to Lisp `signal' and `throw'") should still be > correct and useful. This one looks more dubious. As I mentioned in the containing thread, the comments are somewhat distracting where they are. Perhaps they could be collected together into a comment in emacs-module.c that summarizes the assumptions it makes. Also, we really should fix the stack-overflow mess. But that's a bigger topic....