Hi emacs-devel, I'm running into a surprising regular expressions issue. I have attached a file (~50k) in which (re-search-forward " +[^:=]+ +:=?") seems to be extremely slow. (I killed it after 30 seconds). Truncating the file to its first 20 lines reduces the time for re-search-forward to about a second, which is still extremely slow. Are there good resources on how to rewrite regexps to make them Emacs-friendly? I didn't find such documentation, and I'm puzzled as to what could make the regexp above hard to re-search-forward for. Cheers, Clément.