* Why does configure now check for gobject-introspection-1.0?
@ 2016-01-20 18:56 Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2016-01-20 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joakim Verona; +Cc: Emacs development discussions

Can you please explain why 'configure' now checks for
gobject-introspection-1.0 >= 1.32.1? I don't see where HAVE_GIR is used
anywhere, so it seems unnecessary for 'configure' to check for it.

Perhaps this is for some enhancements planned in the future? If so,
let's omit this part of 'configure' until it's needed.

* Re: Why does configure now check for gobject-introspection-1.0?
@ 2016-01-20 19:30 ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2016-01-20 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: Emacs development discussions

Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> writes:

> Can you please explain why 'configure' now checks for
> gobject-introspection-1.0 >= 1.32.1? I don't see where HAVE_GIR is
> used anywhere, so it seems unnecessary for 'configure' to check for
> it.
>
> Perhaps this is for some enhancements planned in the future? If so,
> let's omit this part of 'configure' until it's needed.

Yes you are correct. The GIR part of the patch is in the main xwidget
repo, and wasn't included in the xwidget_mvp branch.

Are you able to correct this or should I?

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Why does configure now check for gobject-introspection-1.0?
@ 2016-01-20 19:32   ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2016-01-20 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: Emacs development discussions

On 01/20/2016 11:30 AM, joakim@verona.se wrote:
> Are you able to correct this or should I?

I can do it, thanks.

* Re: Why does configure now check for gobject-introspection-1.0?
@ 2016-01-20 19:34     ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2016-01-20 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: Emacs development discussions

Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> writes:

> On 01/20/2016 11:30 AM, joakim@verona.se wrote:
>> Are you able to correct this or should I?
>
> I can do it, thanks.

Ok, thanks Paul!

--
Joakim Verona