* Best practice for sharing new Emacs modules
@ 2016-01-11 19:43 Matthew Leach
From: Matthew Leach @ 2016-01-11 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

I've begun work on a new mode for Emacs that allows editing of gpg keys
in a dired-like fashion -- something I said I was going to do a long
time ago!  I'm making good progress and am hoping to post to the list
very soon for feedback.

I do have one question: what is the best/accepted way to share the code
with the Emacs community?  I've looked around at the Emacs source tree
for advice, but all I could find was notes about posting patches for the
Emacs source tree itself, rather than a new module.  Would a simple
email to the list with the code attached suffice or would I be better
hosting the code on my github and providing a link to it on this list?
Do people even care?

Apologies for a (probably) pointless question, it's my first time
writing a new Emacs module and I'm trying to avoid the dreaded
development faux pas.
--
Matt