On 01/11/2016 02:43 PM, Matthew Leach wrote: > Hi all, > > I've begun work on a new mode for Emacs that allows editing of gpg keys > in a dired-like fashion -- something I said I was going to do a long > time ago! I'm making good progress and am hoping to post to the list > very soon for feedback. > > I do have one question: what is the best/accepted way to share the code > with the Emacs community? I've looked around at the Emacs source tree > for advice, but all I could find was notes about posting patches for the > Emacs source tree itself, rather than a new module. Would a simple > email to the list with the code attached suffice or would I be better > hosting the code on my github and providing a link to it on this list? > Do people even care? > > Apologies for a (probably) pointless question, it's my first time > writing a new Emacs module and I'm trying to avoid the dreaded > development faux pas. I'm not an expert, but I think relevant keywords here are ELPA and possibly MELPA :)