On 1/8/16 11:43 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Cc: Eli Zaretskii , Yuri Khan , >> Emacs developers >> From: David Caldwell >> Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 11:19:26 -0800 >> >> Why not instead of adding the new option, rearrange the logic so that it >> only tries to parse the ":linenum" part if the file doesn't exist? > > Because both 'filename' and 'filename:1234' could exist. Ah. Very good point. > Really, I don't understand why should we come with fancy syntax when a > new option will unequivocally tell which case is it. It just seemed nicer to have it be automatic if it was possible. An option is fine. -David