On 01/05/2016 12:08 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Clément Pit--Claudel >> Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 11:37:06 -0500 >> >> I never heard about session recovery before reading this thread. > > See the node "Recover" in the Emacs manual, it is described there. > >> When my Emacs crashes (so about twice a week) I use M-x recover-this-file after reopening the files that I was editing. Is Emacs supposed to do more that the recover-this-file prompts? Did I misconfigure something? > > When you start Emacs as "emacs -q" (lower-case 'q'), it should show a > prominent message saying this: > > Auto-save file lists were found. If an Emacs session crashed recently, > type M-x recover-session RET to recover the files you were editing. I see, thanks! I'll try next time I see a crash.