On 01/04/2016 12:32 PM, John Wiegley wrote: > OK, I've heard the concerns and input from all parties, and my decision is > that we will include the stack overflow recovery logic, as it is now > implemented, while keeping our ears open for any problems this causes to > users. > > Daniel, Eli, Paul, thank you for spending the time to be vocal and deliberate > in enumerating your concerns. To Daniel specifically: I appreciate your > experience in this area, and that you are not speaking from your imagination, > but I'd like to give the current recovery approach a try before calling it a > non-starter, or branching out into more complex solutions. > > We *will* have the freedom to reverse this decision in a future release if > things become worse rather than better. But there is no more benefit in > debating this future. Thanks for considering the issue. I still think this decision does not bode well at all for Emacs robustness, and I'm terribly disappointed.