On 01/04/2016 07:33 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Daniel Colascione >> Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 14:55:26 -0800 >> >> The code that bothers me is the code that longjmps *out* of the sigsegv >> handler that catches stack overflow. The handler being there is fine. >> Under my proposed scheme, we won't longjmp out of the handler unless the >> user tells us to do that. > > You won't be able to do anything except call printf, without jumping > out of the handler. The stack space left after stack overflow is too > small for anything fancier. You will almost certainly crash, that's > all. There's no guarantee that you can even call printf. And you continue to ignore the existence of the alternate signal stack. >