On 01/04/2016 07:27 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Daniel Colascione >> Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 13:31:49 -0800 >> >> I'd also support doing no auto-save at crash time. Auto-save should >> happen frequently enough anyway that users shouldn't lose much data when >> a crash happens, and not auto-saving sidesteps a lot of robustness concerns. > > I have my auto-save-timeout customized to 15 since about forever, but > I don't know what others will say about that. We should ask users > before changing this. > > In any case, disabling auto-save at crash time is out of the question, > IMO. Precious stuff could come into a buffer from some fast source, > such as a program or a network connection, and in that case even > several seconds worth of data could be a lot. Removing auto-save from > the emergency shut down would be a terrible mistake. Emacs is not a safety-critical system. If you need guaranteed recording of a fast data stream, use something else.