On 01/03/2016 08:40 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Cc: eggert@cs.ucla.edu, Emacs-devel@gnu.org >> From: Daniel Colascione >> Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 07:49:44 -0800 >> >>> This is not a summary, this is propaganda. If you cannot summarize an >>> issue objectively, please don't summarize at all. I deliberately >>> avoided replying for fear of being too involved to write an objective >>> summary. I wish you exercised the same self-restraint. >>> >>> John, please disregard this "summary". >> >> Nice trick, shutting down discussion so that the code stays by default. > > I didn't shut down any discussion. You are free to continue writing, > on this subject as on any other. > >> I see nothing wrong with advocacy. > > Neither do I. Just don't submit advocacy as a "summary" when a > decision-maker requests one in order to make up his/her mind. I presented your argument (such as it is), then presented mine. If you don't feel as though I've adequately presented your position, you can elaborate.