On 12/25/2015 06:34 PM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > Ivan Shmakov writes: > >> >> (Yes, Emacs can display proportional fonts and fonts of different >> >> sizes, but until you can fold (etc) proportional text (and text with >> >> a mixture of font sizes) in a pretty manner, that's more of a toy >> >> than anything else.) >> >> > What's non-pretty with how we do this now? What features are >> > missing? >> >> The only feature that I’m aware to be missing is the actual >> support for Emacs native text wrapping (as in: the word-wrap >> variable and wrap-prefix text property) in SHR. >> >> Please thus consider the patch MIMEd. > > I think this was superseded by the shr proportional font rewrite, so I'm > closing the bug. I'd love a tiny bit more of information about this :) In one of my packages I do some post-processing of a buffer rendered by shr from an html page to increase the font size of a particular title (this is combined with company's support for documentation buffers for completion). For this to work properly, I need to ensure that shr does not insert hard newlines to wrap the text; otherwise, the larger sized textx wraps in awkward ways. To do this in Emacs < 25 I set `shr-width' to `most-positive-fixnum' and preprocess the html to remove s and
s (which otherwise cause an out of memory exception due to the `shr-width' hack), and in Emacs >= 25 I set it to 0, which shr seems to recognize there thanks to this test in `shr-fill-lines': (if (<= shr-internal-width 0) nil Is there another solution to use visual-line-mode with shr that I have overlooked? Clément.