Hi all, A few months ago Stefan pushed a small fix to my compact-docstrings package. I wanted to upstream it to the GitHub repository today, so I ran the following: git remote add github-compact-docstrings cpitclaudel/compact-docstrings git subtree push --prefix=packages/compact-docstrings/ https://github.com/cpitclaudel/compact-docstrings.git master This seems to have worked nicely. However, I then added an extra commit to the Github repository, and I'd like to pull it into ELPA. Running git subtree pull --prefix=packages/compact-docstrings/ github-compact-docstrings master Gives me the following, which also seems fine: From github.com:cpitclaudel/compact-docstrings * branch master -> FETCH_HEAD Auto-merging packages/compact-docstrings/compact-docstrings.el Merge made by the 'recursive' strategy. packages/compact-docstrings/compact-docstrings.el | 2 +- 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-) However, when I look at the history that it created, I get three commits instead of 2: Stefan's change, re-pulled from the GitHub repository; my new change; and a merge commit. Is that expected? If not, how can I not re-merge Stefan's change? Thanks! Clément.