On 1/11/21 4:21 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> Attached are two proposed patches related to compatibility for EIEIO >> and EDE. > Thanks, pushed both to `master`, Attached is one more small patch I had missed in my previous set. This change is independent of the other two.  This is also needed to load Project.ede files that happen to include custom rules, where those rules are also objects.  The Project loader's error checking in eieio-base.el requires the :type to be precise when the value can be a list of objects. I used the same basic mechanism used in ede/base.el for ede-project's 'targets' slot. If you want to verify the changes, this project uses the feature: https://sourceforge.net/p/matlab-emacs/src/ci/master/tree/ Use global-ede-mode and visit this project. Thanks Eric