Eli Zaretskii wrote: > The implementation of stack_overflow on sysdep.c was recently changed > so as not to use sys/resource.h and getrlimit, but configure.ac still > insists on these two features in order to include the recovery code, > which I think should be fixed. Thanks, fixed with the attached patch. > More importantly, the recovery simply longjmps to command_loop, > whereas similar features like Fthrow and Fsignal do much more in > unwind_to_catch. Shouldn't stack overflow recovery do that as well? > Otherwise, the specpdl stack, byte_stack_list, lisp_eval_depth > etc. all stay at their values they had at stack overflow time, no? No, they are cleared back to top-level values, because when command_loop's call to sigsetjmp returns nonzero, it then calls init_eval and this resets them. There is a problem that the speclpdl stack's unwind-protect and dynamic-let-bindings are unceremoniously discarded on stack overflow. I suppose that should get fixed, though it may be a bit tricky to avoid looping.