* Aquamacs bug storm
@ 2010-04-08 16:49 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-04-08 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Reitter; +Cc: emacs-devel

Any idea why we suddenly received a flood of old messages from
aquamacs-bugs on the Emacs bug list?

See:

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?newest=100

Bugs 5865 - 5905.

I approved many of them without seeing they were old.

I will delete them from the bug database after a while...

* Re: Aquamacs bug storm
@ 2010-04-08 17:29 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2010-04-08 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: David Reitter, emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> Any idea why we suddenly received a flood of old messages from
> aquamacs-bugs on the Emacs bug list?
>
> See:
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?newest=100
>
> Bugs 5865 - 5905.
>
> I approved many of them without seeing they were old.
>
> I will delete them from the bug database after a while...

Please just go ahead and delete them.

* Re: Aquamacs bug storm
@ 2010-04-08 17:36   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-04-08 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: David Reitter, emacs-devel

Chong Yidong wrote:

>> I will delete them from the bug database after a while...
>
> Please just go ahead and delete them.

OK, they are gone. (Except the last one, which I like to leave until a
new report arrives, just to be safe.) And all further ones with
"[Aquamacs-bugs]" in the subject should be held for moderation.

* Re: Aquamacs bug storm
@ 2010-04-08 18:14 ` David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2010-04-08 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Apr 8, 2010, at 12:49 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:

> Any idea why we suddenly received a flood of old messages from
> aquamacs-bugs on the Emacs bug list?

I apologize.  There was a problem with the mail server hosting our bug mailing list (and a buggy script), and some old messages from 2005 got re-sent (which were addressed to the Emacs bug reporting address, because that's what we used for a brief period back then).

Thanks for deleting those, and sorry for the inconvenience.