On 03/31/2015 12:25 PM, Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 03/31/2015 09:00 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote: > >> OK, maybe pcase itself has a page in the elisp manual, but this page is >> very difficult to understand, certainly for me. I have attempted quite >> a lot of times to make sense of it, and failed. > > I think it's pretty nice. It provides pattern matching, as well as > destructuring (something that previously required the use of cl-lib), in > a concise and performant way. > > The docs can look a bit dense at first, but after reading them carefully > and experimenting a bit, I'm sure most people can get a hang of it. pcase is really an excellent tool. The documentation is better for reference than for learning how to use it, though. Good thing Emacs is full of pcase examples now.