On 03/24/2015 10:20 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:37:14 -0400 >> From: "Eric S. Raymond" >> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org >> >>> I think that C-x v v, when it commits changes, should also push them. >>> This would make git more comparable to other version control systems. >>> >>> Does anyone see a reason not to? >> >> Yes. It would mean VC mode could not be used to work on private development >> branches. > > Why cannot VC determine whether a branch is private or not? It's a matter of convention, not something vc can query. Whether I want to push depends on a lot more than what vc, or any automated tool, can figure out in the general case by sniffing around the build environment.