On 01/22/2015 02:09 PM, Richard Stallman wrote: > In the minibuffer reading a file name, C-a typed within the last > component could move to the start of that component. The next time, > it could move to the beginning of the line. > > If people think it is a good idea, I will write it if no one else > does. I use C-a C-k too often to want to change the C-a binding. The existing movement function bindings are adequate if we want to use them. > > Alternatively, C-M-b and C-M-f could move by filename component. > That is cleaner and does more, but those chars are harder to type > and users won't come across it in their editing. backward-sexp and forward-sexp feel like a better fit for navigation by path component. They're close enough already that I frequently use them to edit paths. Another option is to repurpose the word movement bindings. I don't know what to think of that. Is a filename a "word"?